Things I need to add in to people's stories eventually.
- any crystal is a banishing crystal if you throw it hard enough
- always carry ibuprofen and a switchblade. don't do drugs alone.
- "you won't live to see it." person dies. "who won't live to see it????" screaming at corpse
- "miss me with that ‘weapon accuracy’ shit. im shooting everything. im laying down cover fire. im shooting the walls. im shooting my teammates. im shooting myself. my accuracy is 100% yall just dont know what im aiming at"
- "do you bleed?" *throws robot into wall*
- one character pressing their face against glass, the other pressing their hand against that same spot from the other side
- "spectral megafauna" just giant white animals?
- "she's fictional" "soon you will be too"
- remember that you can't save everyone / remember that you have to try
- "i think it is good to warn people in advance about the circumstances that will cause you to bite them and i think that having given that warning it is good to follow through when the time comes" "the rattlesnake is an admirable creature whose virtues we should emulate"
- "the wolf only needs enough luck to find you once"
- "when they catch you, they will kill you. but first, they must catch you."
- "kid, get off the ground. Spit your blood and bare your teeth; go down a savage, go down fighting."
- all my flowers grew back as thorns
- when he smiled it was toothy and fake and when he laughed it was a cacophony of metallic hollow sounds that reverberated through his small body and chilled the bones of those who knes this was not the boy they used to know.
- a tongue that cuts like razorblades on whips
- we're prehistoric because everybody's got a bone to pick
- "Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one ever apologized for making me this way."
- Judge me if you want, we are all going to die. I intend to deserve it.
- "Nobody mapped oblivion"
- "They sent me because I don't exist"
- I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
- An axiom that looks like a skeleton
- We've replaced our heroes with martyrs, and now there's too many martyrs.
- "I stopped being a kid the day you sent me down here to die"
- Never trust a survivor until you find out what he did to stay alive.
- "I don't give my hardest battles to my toughest soldiers," Oz said, leaning fowards, "I create my toughest soldiers through my hardest battles."
- "Respect existence or expect resistance"
- "You Won't Believe This False Hope"
- Voice made of teeth
- I am their weapon
- It's a story of sacrifice and betrayal, and of good people dying in stupid, pointless ways.
- Dragon graveyard?
- Dragons growl very deep, so low it's not so much a sound as a sensation. You can feel the vibrations in your spine.
- one day you'll be face to face with whatever saw fit to let you exist in the universe and you'll have to justify the space you've filled.
- you dont think you deserve to be saved?? / I put myself in this position and I deserve to die?
- “Please save me! I’ll do anything for you!” “Then perish.”
- “i am a monument to all your sins” is such a fucking raw line for a villain it’s amazing that it came from halo, a modernish video game, and not some classical text or mythos
- #kip: *slams a Fantasy Energy Drink* the gods can neither save nor stop me
- What’s their greatest fear and most vulnerable physical spot
- This is the face of the literal gods.
- "However, how much damage could you do to a dragon if you don't even hit it? The answer is no damage."
“Hell is empty, and all the devils are here.” “Will you fight? Or will you perish like a dog?” “…Then I shall face God, and walk backwards into hell.” “…I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”
Villain Stuff Edit
I think it’s really important to talk about how different people have different power fantasies.
- For some people, the idea of someone redeeming a villain is a power fantasy.
- For other people, the idea of a villain being defeated is a power fantasy.
- And for other people, the idea of a character owning their villainy is a power fantasy.
I would argue a lot of fandom conflicts re: villains come from people being unable to see that their fantasies, which put them in control of a narrative (and all three of these are designed to give the author or reader control of the narrative in different ways) are someone else’s horror stories.
“Shh, it’s alright,” the villain said. “You’re doing beautifully and I’m so proud of you. But that’s enough now. It was cruel of them to make you fight me - you could never have won. It’s not your fault.”
The ancient and powerful villain may have had a calm and gentle face as he spoke, but he was furious, not at the hero, but the gods for continually sending kids and teenagers to fight their battles.